One of the most popular customer requests in Rigor’s Idea Exchange is tighter integration between our alerts and third-party services. To help facilitate this, we introduced Alert Webhooks in 2015, which allow you to notify an API endpoint when a Rigor check fails. This is a critical feature, since organizations need to react quickly to problems in production, and the best way to ensure someone sees an issue is to push those alerts and notifications into the systems or workflows a customer uses.
With our custom Alert Webhooks, you have always had the ability to push alert notifications to any arbitrary HTTP endpoint, using any format. We also have pre-configured webhook templates that work with some of the most popular 3rd party services. Today, based on customer demand, we have created a new out-of-the-box integration with Datadog.
Set Up a Datadog Alert Webhook
To get started with your Datadog Alert Webhook:
- Create a new Alert Webhook under Admin > Alert Webhooks
- Select the pre-built webhook for Datadog
- Select the ‘Triggers’ you want to activate. There are two types: ‘When failed’ and ‘When back online’
4. Insert your Datadog API key into the Trigger endpoint URLs
5. OPTIONAL: If you want, you can customize the JSON data sent in the notification via the ‘Payload’ section. This allows you to change the text and alert format to something that better suits your workflow.
6. Once you have saved and named your webhook, it can be added to any Rigor monitoring check via the check notifications page in the check edit menu. From that point forward, your Datadog event’s stream will receive a POST request with the specified JSON payload any time your check fails. Example failures would look like this:
This integration is the first step in expanding observability between the Rigor and Datadog monitoring platforms. Due to customer demand, we are expanding our integration capabilities with Datadog to include a first-class metrics integration to be released in Q2. That integration will proactively push the performance metrics Rigor collects on every completed run into Datadog.
This addition to Rigor was directly driven by customer feedback. One of our core values is to work with a “Customer First” mindset, and this is a great example of working together with our customers to improve both our product and their workflow. We are always open to adding more wonderful integrations. If there is a service that you leverage that you want Rigor to more tightly integrate with, let us know on our Idea Exchange.
E-commerce revenue continues to grow,as consumers turn away from shopping in brick-and-mortar stores to shopping online. However, many businesses are not prepared for this growth because they do not fully understand the market and how to invest in...Read More
Because of the multifarious nature of web clients today, it’s important to consider the usage statistics when designing, implementing, and managing your site. However, misconceptions often arise when determining what browsers to design...Read More
Google Webmaster Tools is a web service that allows webmasters to view the status of their sites as seen by Google and the Googlebot crawlers. In addition to indexing your site structure and content, the Googlebot crawlers also record data on perform...Read More
Web designers and developers are always looking for ways to speed up their page load times. Yahoo has an excellent article written on the best practices for speeding up your page. How do you know if implementing one of their suggested practices will...Read More